Our home was originally built in 1889 as a boot
store and home for Alexander (Sandy) McLeod,
and was known as Ross' Store (named after Sandy
McLeod's brother in law).
Up to nine workers were employed manufacturing
footwear at the rear of the building. The building
was lovingly restored by Margaret Coney in 1992-1993
retaining all its original character and charm.
The property is part of the Wairarapa heritage trail.